Thursday, September 9, 2010

WHY I LOVE TENNIS

WHY I LOVE TENNIS
      I have always wanted an alternate sport that would douse or distract my obsession and passion for football …okay let me rephrase take all the pain of going into fasting and becoming a prayer warrior every time the national team of Nigeria (the super eagles ) have a match/or are playing a qualifier .you can say it’s the same thing most French football fans area going through right now ......... -please the French team  have not won a grade A match ever since the  hand of HENRY got the LE BLEU into the world cup …yikes .....and just this weekend France  got beaten by Belarus …yikes …HOLY GHOST FIRE …I would love to speak in tongues but I just realized I am supposed to write in tongues and I have gotten round to start doing that ..Anyways using the words of D’banj OLORUN MAJE -........(Yoruba  for God forbid )–that happening to the Super Eagles ha…..Belarus …ke …PSHEW…            

Alright..Alright am not actually talking football today what am actually looking seeking is an alternate sport to football. A sport that will give me the same thrill, suspense drama and everything football has to offer (apart from the heartbreak) and so I have fallen in love with TENNIS …yes TENNIS …..

It’s the grace the power the control and precision the emotions and the drama that two athletes bring into the game its gives an indescribable feeling of..of … ahhhhh…..this is bullshit I don’t give a hoot about how Roger Federer slices his one hand back hand or if Rafael Nadal throws up a topspin for every forehand or can slide on a clay court from Liberia to Siberia …pleeeeeease…..its all about the chicks it’s the beauties who strut their stuff on the court in the mini skirts and knickers you cant get tired of them for me it was love at first attendance it was a pure addiction I cheered like crazy nut.
      It all started  with something I read about Wimbledon- the grand slam on grass- now before then I must confess I had a kind of passing interest in the sports because of the imperial display of Roger Federer and then I want to die kind of tennis play of Rafael Nadal and his somewhat invincibility on the clay court ..Like I said a passing interest but then this article came I had to take a closer look at tennis so as to get the groove of the Wimbledon organizers -...you must be wondering what I am talking about ……yea it was in the Daily Mail of 2009 I read that a female players face and not how high she is ranked (ranking of course is the logical determinant of  who should be main attraction )is the factor for consideration when the organizers decides who  plays in the center/main court in the Wimbledon.
can you believe that? if you are not beautiful you cannot play in the main/center court .....HEY how come AGBANI DAREGO is not playing tennis . ?


       Armed with this piece of information my antennae perked what have the organizers discovered that the rest of world is slow in catching up to- and here I am today still in love /lust with women tennis from the sexy muscular fullness of the Serena Williams to the almost eternal long legs of Maria Sharapova ,the outrageously seductive fashion sense of Venus Williams and of course the almost hypnotic and animal bedroom moan/shrieks  the girls let on the court believe it or not the ladies game bring more spectators to the court than that of the guys –you check out the conversation below between two commentators while watching Venus Williams play in US open 2010
        Opinions on Venus Williams' pink, sequined dress with matching Bedazzled tennis underwear will vary, but on one thing we can all agree: It was quite a distraction.
Though Venus defeated No. 18 seed Shahar Peer in straight sets, the tightness of her self-designed dress clearly gave her issues throughout the mess. During most points the tight garment would ride up Venus' hips, revealing her undergarments for everyone to see. Before the next point began, Venus would have to pull down the sides of the dress. The routine captivated the announcers in the CBS broadcast booth, who talked about the form-fitting dress for much of the match.

At one point they had this hilarious exchange:

    John McEnroe: I think that dress has distracted [Venus].

    Dick Enberg: It's distracting you.

    McEnroe: That's a fair point.

    Enberg: It sounds like it might be a distraction to her opponent.

    McEnroe: Well, she's tugging at it. She's uncomfortable with it.

    Mary Carillo: She uses that fabric a lot in her designs, John. And for the last couple of years we've seen her have to correct her outfit after every point.

CBS went so far as to later display a "tug count" that tallied the number of times Venus and Peer pulled at their respective dresses following a point. At the time, Venus was leading Peer 42 to four.

At a press conference following the match, Venus was asked whether the dress and it's constant readjustment-necessity was a distraction. "No," she said. "The only thing that bothered me was when I didn't win the point, I think. That was it."

That tug count would suggest otherwise.

so tell me if the commentators can be pleasantly distracted by the Venus Williams dress how would be for those on the stance .....I love TENNIS 

Link www.bigidsplace.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think about this article